City Creek was the original name of present day Junction. The creek was one of the main sources of irrigation water for the cultivated lands that were being developed during the first settlement period. City Creek drained water from the west mountain and surplus water went into the sevier river. Later canals were dug and water was diverted from the river north of Circleville and routed around the east end of the Black Hill to the pastures and lands in the valley. Junction was settled in 1880 and was named so, because the east and west forks of the Sevier River met at that location.